Wednesday, March 24, 2010

We should open a bakery...

Introducing
THE BENCH PRETZEL FACTORY!

I have been having the most fun this past well, almost a year, finding new recipes to try and fun things to create. This past weekend was one of the best I think! I got this great recipe from Alton Brown on the Food Network. He has a great show, that I use to not like but now I love it, called Good Eats. The reason I didn't' like it at first was because I thought he was weird and his show was set up all crazy and the camera never stood still and goofy things pop out at you. It was just not what I was use to But now I've become accustom to it. The great thing about this show is that he makes lots of great stuff and sometimes tricky stuff but he brakes it down to the basics so anyone can do it. He explains the science behind the recipe and why it works so well, it's really very interesting.
So one day I was watching Good Eats and he made Pretzels. I knew I had to try this I love pretzels!!!!! They looked so good and so easy! And they totally were! Sunday after church Danny and I got home and I made the dough. It had to sit in a warm place and rise for about an hour so we took the puppies to the Bark Park so they could play. By the time we got home the dough was perfect, it had doubled in size just like it said it should.
So the fun thing about pretzels is you can make them whatever flavors you want! Danny is the creative genius behind this because I was ready to just do them all Salt. He tried a Cinnamon & Sugar flavor and then had all these other yummy flavors he wanted to try next time. We will defiantly be making these again soon! (like possibly May 2nd... I want to eat one!)

Creating the shape was really easy and fun. Danny rolled and shaped most of them and added the flavor while I boiled and baked them. Then we both added a little butter and extra flavor after they came out of the oven.
Oh so yummy!!!
Try them sometime it's a lot of fun and super super yummy!
PS: Sorry the photos are so bad, can you believe I forgot to take a pic until we were driving to dinner. So this is what I get, a photo in the car while I'm driving and they are sitting on Danny's lap. Still, pretty good that I can drive and take a photo at the same time without slowing down or swerving one little bit!

OH my gosh, I almost forgot... A few weeks ago I was craving Pizza so I decided to make one for Danny. Here it is, my first homemade Pizza!

The crust turned out super good Danny said and I was so excited about that! I've never made a Pizza crust before. Got that recipe from Alton Brown too.
Wish I could have eaten a slice.

1 comment:

amy jane carpenter said...

OH APRIL I LOVE YOU! I'm definitely going to make both of these. They look DE-VINE! Isn't baking so much fun!? And I can't believe you didn't even sneak a piece! You're tough. I wouldn't mess with you.