Monday, June 7, 2010

My first big sewing project

After a year in our apartment we finally have curtains in our bedroom!
I bought this fabric months ago and planned to make curtains for our bedroom with it and just never got around to it. With the time I had off over Memorial Day weekend I decided to open up my sewing machine and bust them out. On Wednesday afternoon we went to Lows and purchased the rod!
It's all chain link fence supplies, I saw this idea on a blog and just loved it! Then Danny had to saw the pipe in half, I tried it for about 5 seconds but it was too hard, he had to do all the work on that one! Then he drilled in the brackets and the rod went up!
It took me all afternoon to sew and iron the curtains but it was well worth it! I finished one and had to wait until Friday night to finish the loops on the second one. They are up now and we love it! They block out all the light from the neighbors at night and the sun in the morning! Awe... nice and dark!

No comments: